Project Support Fund
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Coalition is sponsoring a special round of our 2020 Project Support Fund in which we will provide eight $5000 grants.
Members in good standing may submit proposals for programs related to COVID-19 or any other topic; there are no restrictions on proposal themes for this special round.
We strongly encourage applicants to contact the Coalition’s staff at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting their application.
The consultation period is open now and runs until June 24, 2020. The deadline for final proposal submission is July 1, 2020.
For more information and applications, see below.
Getting a new public program off the ground requires funds, technical know-how and promotional marketing. Through the Project Support Fund (PSF), the Coalition gives members all three of these key resources in one comprehensive grant package.
The Project Support Fund provides capacity-building grants of up to $5,000 paired with one-on-one consultations with the Coalition’s staff and other members to support the design and implementation of innovative new Sites of Conscience programs and initiatives that use the lessons of history to spark action on contemporary issues.
The Project Support Fund has a rigorous application process and project grants are awarded by a peer-led Grant Review Committee. For members interested in applying, please see below and read the full application guidelines.
Who Can Apply?
The Project Support Fund is open to members of the Coalition in good standing (dues fully paid). Previous Project Support Fund recipients must wait a minimum of twelve months following the close of their most recent project to reapply.
What Types of Projects Are Supported?
The Project Support Fund is designed for pilot projects that allow members to try new pioneering approaches. In recent years, grant recipients have created interactive digital maps of sites of atrocities; launched dynamic traveling exhibits to reach rural children; and produced radio shows featuring intergenerational dialogue on key human rights issues.
Coalition members may apply for one of two grant categories:
- On-Site Projects: Innovative public programs that inspire reflection and action on pressing issues, that use new technologies or methods, or that target new populations with which the site has not previously engaged. For example: human rights education programs, public dialogues on new issues, programs that aim to create or use new tools that evaluate the impact of Sites of Conscience programming.
- Peer-Exchanges: Projects that focus on members learning from one other. For example, a representative from one site might visit another to learn how it implements a specific project; a site representative, Trustee or Secretariat staff member might provide advice on a specific project; one member might seek mentoring from another member around a specific need.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Coalition’s Secretariat prior to submitting an application, and well in advance of the submission deadline.
How to Apply
- Guidelines and applications will be made available on this page during the open application period. It is requested that interested members review the guidelines and applications very carefully.
- After reviewing the material, members are strongly encouraged to contact the Coalition office before applying at: email@example.com. Coalition staff will discuss with members the overall vision for the project, its planning and execution, as well as connect members with other sites and experts who may potentially provide resources or serve as partners for peer exchanges.
- Coalition members can submit a completed project application using the links below or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All application forms must be submitted by the deadlines posted.
The deadline for the 2020 Project Support Fund is July 1, 2020. Members are highly encouraged to contact the Coalition for a consultation before submitting an application. For more information or to arrange a consultation, please contact: email@example.com.