The International Coalition of Sites of Conscience is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Finance and Operations Manager
The Finance and Operations Manager is based at the Coalition’s secretariat in New York City, currently working remotely, and provides day-to-day financial management and administrative oversight for the Coalition. S/he reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage financial budgeting and forecasting as related to subaward listing, financial grant reports, and organizational income and expenses to ensure accuracy and compliance with federal, donor, and board requirements
- Implement organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls for financial and general operations to ensure effective compliance with state, federal, and donor requirements
- Assist Director of Finance and Operations with financial reporting, cash flow analysis, and monthly review of balance sheet for propriety
- Manage annual audits and tax filings in collaboration with Director of Finance and Operations, accountants and financial advisors
- Guide human resources administration and work with Finance and Administrative Assistant on payroll process and management of staff benefits, tracking employee time and schedules, maintaining electronic and paper personnel files, and onboarding process
- Review and oversight of daily bookkeeping and accounting tasks via QuickBooks, including bills, invoices, and payment processing
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations, manage the procurement of office infrastructure
- Supervise and support the development of the Finance and Administrative Assistant and Grant Compliance and Logistics Assistant
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable (overseeing data input)
- Manage monthly reconciliations and closeouts of bank and credit card accounts, travel advances, staff advances, and reimbursements
- Provide monthly transaction and job transaction reports to staff across various departments
- Manage technical and IT consultants to implement a data management plan to meet IT needs as the organization grows
- Oversee the organization’s physical infrastructure and maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies etc.)
- Receive program grant expenditure requests, approvals and payments for consultants, vendors and sub-grantees, ensuring propriety and proper approvals
- Review and submit to Director approval for all contracts with vendors, consultants, and other entities, confirming their relevance, compliance, and consistency
- Five to seven years relevant non-profit accounting and/or financial management experience
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in accounting, business or math, MBA, or MPA with financial management concentration
- Familiarity with grant reporting requirements and procedures; solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll
- Highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a multinational, decentralized team; capacity to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Proficient in use of QuickBooks, MS Office, and Google applications
- Interest in international relations, human rights, and/or museum work
- Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or French a strong plus
- Flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, and an eye towards problem-solving
How to Apply
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and will be remote, like all of the Coalition’s work, for at least the coming months.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance and Operations Manager”. Applications will be accepted and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis; early applicants, therefore, have an advantage.
Please note that because of the volume of submissions the Coalition receives for position postings, only those candidates who will be invited to move forward in the search process will be contacted.