About the International Coalition of Sites of Conscience
The International Coalition of Sites of Conscience (the Coalition) is a rapidly growing consortium of museums, historic sites, organizations and individuals dedicated to creating a more peaceful future through remembering past struggles for justice and addressing their contemporary legacies. Founded in 1999 by heritage and human rights leaders on four continents with core funding from Ford Foundation and Open Society Institute, the Coalition today is a dynamic network of more than 250 members in 65 countries, working in regional and thematic networks in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Russia, North America and in the Middle East and North Africa. Each year, more than 20 million people visit Sites of Conscience across the globe to engage in uniquely effective public programs that promote civic action by connecting history and memory with contemporary human rights, social justice and transitional justice issues.
- Grant Compliance Assistant
Grant Compliance Assistant
The Grant Compliance Assistant reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and works closely with the
Global Initiative for Justice, Truth and Reconciliation (GIJTR) team supporting the day-to-day financial
administration of the program, with a particular focus on maintaining financial records, coordinating logistics in
accordance with program objectives, verifying all direct Program expenditure, and reconciling all accounts for
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and track GIJTR partners’ financial reports.
- Track all payment requests for consultants, vendors and sub-grantees.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits and compliance visits.
- Support the development of quarterly narrative and financial reports for donors
- Support the reconciliation of staff travel expenses, disbursement of per diems and processing stipends
for international workshop participants.
- Perform other administrative duties as requested.
- A proven track record of working in a non-profit environment as a bookkeeper, finance assistant or similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and automated accounting systems is strongly preferred.
- Numerical competence, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Russian, or another language from a region where the Coalition does significant work is a plus.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits. Interested candidates, please send a cover letter indicating salary requirements along with a resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Grant Compliance Assistant.
No phone calls, please. The Coalition can respond only to candidates whose experience qualifies them for an interview. This search will remain open until the position is filled.